Xpadder is a compact sized application that facilitates you to play the games by using the PC gamepad instead of a keyboard. It supports such games that have no gamepad support or have fewer capabilities of the gamepad. Xpadder has been particularly designed for the Windows platform. You can add gamepad support while playing the emulated, online or DOS games.
Furthermore, it provides support for the multiplayer games where every player can use a separate gamepad. Recently, the tool has been updated, and this update gives you full control over the game by using the shortcut keys.
Xpadder Striking Features
Here are some salient features of the tool to let you know how beneficial it is. It enables you to handle your controller in a way you desire.
- It enables you to play even the games your controller does not support. So, you can play more and more games by using it.
- It supports the DOS games in all versions of Windows from Windows XP to Windows 10. Besides, it allows you to play online games using any browser.
- It works with gamepad, joystick and arcade sticks.
- For every game, the tool comes with “Rumble” and “Vibrate” features.
- It also brings some latent effects such as vibration, rumble-force effects, etc. for the gamers. You can customize the layout.
- It is lightweight software and does not occupy much space in your Hard Disk.
- The tool gives additional support to multiple players to play on their different gamepads. It supports you for more than 16 controllers at a time.
- You just require an Xbox 360 Controller and Xpadder tool to set up this straightforward tool. It is not a hard nut to crack to make the tool functioning. It requires your 10 minutes only.
- The tool includes a guide for every section such as Toolbar Controls, Standard Controls, Basics, Controller Layout, and troubleshooting, etc.
- The graphics are not very attractive, but the user interface is straightforward with a powerful utility to serve the gamers in the best way.
- This powerful tool enables you to use 16 controllers at a time.
- Xpadder also supports the plastic peripherals including guitars, steering wheels, and dance pads, etc.
There are two versions you can download. The paid version requires one-time payment only. Against one-time fee, you will get all future versions of Xpadder without spending a penny. It is available in $9.99.
Some gamers want to get a free version of the application for Windows 10. QDownload claims to give the gamers a free version of Xpadder that is compatible with Windows 10. You can try it out if you prefer a free version.
Download Xpadder Free Download for Windows 10, 7, 8/8.1 (64 bit / 32 bit)
Download Here (Latest Version)
How to Download Xpadder Profiles
Xpadder forum contains a wide range of profiles for the gamers. If you want to get any of them, follow the steps given below.
Select the Profile and copy the information from the forum.
Click the option “Select All” on the top left corner of the profile info and use “Ctrl+C” to copy the content.
Now go to the Xpadder tool. In the Profile menu, select “Ctrl+V” to paste it there. Now, save the profile by using the “Save Profile” option.
How to Use Xpadder
Once you have downloaded it from the given site, attach your controller to the computer. Make sure; it is compatible with your Windows. I am going to test it with an Xbox 360 Controller, but it is compatible with hundreds of other controllers.
Come to the main screen and select the game-pad icon that appears on the top left corner of the Window. Here, you need to choose the option “New” from the menu.
You will see the “Controller Settings” now. In this section, you will see a few options. Select “Images” to get a view of your controller’s button. (You can skip this step but it will make other settings more convenient for you. Once, you have selected the controller that you want to use with Xpadder, go to the Xpadder Game Controller Database to find a suitable image of your controller and download it.
Save the image to a place in your system where it is easily accessible.
The next highlighted tab is “Sticks.” Now, press the stick to test in various directions. Follow the on-screen instructions. Click “Enable” to activate the right analog stick.
In the next category, “DPad,” you need to “Enable” the option DPad and follow the on-screen instructions. Other settings will remain the same.
Next, you will see the “Button” section. Use all button of your controller one followed by the other. It will add all the buttons in the controller layout. Drag and drop every indicator to a particular location given on the on-screen image while you press the button. The users of Xbox 360 need to click the analog sticks too.
Now the Triggers configuration appears. It is to configure the left and right bumpers on the Xbox. Use them for once to register them on the Triggers layout.
Click the option “OK” once you have finished the configuration of the controller.
(If you are going to play a game using the keyboard, you need to configure it in the same way).
- Q: If I am using a controller other than the Xbox 360, will Xpadder work with it?
- Ans: Honestly, the tool works the best with the Xbox 360 Controller. But it may work with any other controller if the controller has the same pattern of buttons. If it does not work, it means your controller has a different software driver, and it is interrupting it in establishing the connection.
- Q: I am using the Xbox Controller, but I am unable to connect the tool with Xbox 360. Why does it happen?
- Ans: Well, Xpadder is not troubling if you are facing such a situation. It means there is something wrong with the version of Windows you are using. It may need to install recent updates.
- Q: Does it support multi-player games?
- Ans: Yes, Xpadder supports multi-player games, and every player can use his controller.
- Q: If I am playing a game that does not include Vibrate/Rumble feature, will its “Rumbling/Vibration” features still work?
- Ans: Of course, it is a striking feature of the application. It’s Rumble, and Vibration features work with every game even if it does not come with it.
- Q: I am using Windows 10 and trying to connect it with my Xbox 360 Controller. It establishes a connection but disconnects after a few seconds. What to do?
- Ans: It may be due to the interruption of your Antivirus program. Please disable your Antivirus program and try to establish a connection once again.