Windows 8 is often referred to as Windows 8 Core to distinguish from Windows 8 Pro, Home and other variants. This edition has all the basic features of Windows 8. Users of Windows 7 got a splash of cool water in the form of Windows 8 Core. It came in an entirely new and stylish user interface. Tiled apps, smart user interface and other innovative features conquered the hearts of users. It had a lack of some important features, but still, users want to get it due to enhanced security.
Download Windows 8 Core ISO
- 1GB RAM for 32-bit, 2GB RAM for 64-bit
- 16GB Hard disk space for 32-bit and 20GB for 64-bit
- 1GHz or above processor
Methods to Create Bootable Windows 8 Core USB Flash Drive [Installation Guide]
Before moving to the installation guide, I will convert the ISO file into an executable file. It’s important because you can’t use it as it is for installation. Here, I am using three methods in this context. Use any of them that seems easier to you.
Method 1: Create Bootable Windows 8 Core Via Rufus
The easiest method is to use the third-party tool “Rufus.” It’s an easy tool even for a newbie. You need to follow a few clicks to create a bootable USB flash drive of Windows 8 by using it.
- Click Here to download the tool.
- Now, click the downloaded file to start the installation.
- When the installation is over, launch the tool.
- Now, download Windows 8 Core ISO from the above section. (Check your system’s version before you download. If it’s 64-bit or 32-bit, download the ISO file accordingly.
- Connect a 4GB USB flash drive to your PC.
- Open Rufus and select the option “Create a Bootable USB Drive.”
- Now, select “Browse” to locate the Windows 8 Core ISO.
- Click “Next” from here.
- Now, select “Start” and “Windows 8 Core ISO.”
- Rufus starts converting the ISO image into an executable file.
- Your Windows 8 Core bootable USB flash drive is ready.
- Now, plug in USB with PC and restart it to start the installation.
Method # 2: Create Bootable USB via CMD
You can use Command Prompt to create a bootable USB flash drive if you are an expert user of Command Prompt. It’s a bit lengthy method, but you don’t need to download a tool in it.
Follow the steps below in this context.
- Download Windows 8 Core ISO from the above section and save to your PC.
- Connect a 4GB USB flash drive with your PC.
- Go to the Start menu, and look for the Command Prompt.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and select “Run as Administrator” from here.
- Here, type a few commands and press Enter every time.
- “list disk”
- “select disc #” (Here, replace “#” with the number where you want to install Windows.)
- “Create partition primary”
- “select partition 1” (You can write here the drive name like E: or D: )
- “format fs=NTFS”
- Type “assign letter=X” (You can use any available letter.)
- Type “bootsect /nt60 X:” here.
- Now give the final command to copy the ISO file “xcopy G:\*.* X:\ /E /F /H.” The term “XCOPY” shows the copy of the ISO file.
- That’s all. Now, your Windows 10 bootable USB drive is ready to use.
- Close CMD Administrator.
- Attach the bootable USB to the system and restart it.
- When you see Windows logo, keep pressing F2 and Esc key to enter BIOS.
- Select “Boot” from here.
- Press the down arrow and select the USB option here.
- It will show you a few options. Select the relevant option and Press “Exit Saving Changes” to exit BIOS.
- Select your preferred language from here.
- From the same page, select keyboard input method and Time & Currency format.
- On the next screen, select “Install Now” option to start the installation.
- In the next section, insert the product key. (You can find the product key in the above section.
- Now, click the box “I Accept the Terms” to proceed.
- Here, select the type of installation from “Upgrade” or “Custom.” If you want to keep previous data and files, select “Upgrade.” Select “Custom: Install Windows only” option if you want to install a fresh copy of Windows.
- Now, make partitions of your Hard disk drive and select the drive where you want to install Windows.
- That’s it. It will show you the installation process in percentage. Wait for a while until it sets up the Windows.
Windows 8 Core Features
It’s the basic edition of Windows 8 that is perfect for every user. An entirely new look and innovative user interface create a big difference in the productivity of users.
Easy Gesture supports touchscreen. Reading emails and news is very easy now. You can swipe to the left or right to display the Charms menu.
Semantic Zoom is an amazing feature of this OS. Pinching can zoom in any news directly instead of using the scrollbar. It’s quite handy while reading a document or news.
Live tiles bring updated content automatically. You don’t need to refresh them time and again. News, Mail, Calendar are automatically updated to show you the latest stuff. For example, Mail brings the latest emails without refreshing again and again. In the same way, News and Calendar work.
Lock Screen is a unique addition in Windows OS. You can get emails, weather and upcoming events alert even when your PC is locked. Lock Screen shows alerts and you can be updated all the times. Moreover, the Lock Screen is fully customizable. You can add your photos and slides to run a slide show on it.
Apps drawer makes it easy for you to search for any app. The powerful search feature in apps drawer brings more convenience. You can browse any app by typing a few alphabets in Search.
Now, refresh and reset your PC within a moment. You can refresh it with a click. You don’t need to restart it to refresh if you have slower PC due to bugs. Right-click and select “Refresh” to have a faster and bug-free PC.
You can run apps smoothly. It brings quick switching between apps and lag-free multitasking for users.
Sync the “Settings” to personalize colours, background, photos and other settings.