Microsoft has designed Windows 8.1 Pro for businessmen. Some users think that Windows 8.1 Pro and Enterprise have the same features. It’s not true. Both of them have the same basic features, but Enterprise has some additional features for businessmen. It has all the essential tools and apps important for business firms. Windows 8 Enterprise had some basic flaws. That’s why Microsoft released Windows 8.1 to cover them.
Download Windows 8.1 Enterprise ISO
- 1GB RAM for 32-bit, 2GB RAM for 64-bit
- 16GB Hard disk space for 32-bit and 20GB for 64-bit
- 1GHz or above processor
Methods to Create Bootable USB Flash Drive for Windows 8.1 Enterprise [Installation Guide]
Before moving to the installation process, we will create a bootable USB flash drive by using Windows 8.1 ISO image. You can download the ISO file from the above section.
There are two common methods to convert the ISO image into an executable file. I am using both of them below.
Method 1: Use Rufus
If you are a newbie to create a USB flash drive of Windows 8.1 Enterprise, use this tool. It’s known as “Rufus” and you can use it to convert the ISO image into a bootable file. You need to follow a few clicks in this context.
- Download Rufus from Here.
- Now, double-click to “rufus.exe” and click “Install” to start the installation.
- When the installation is over, open the tool.
- Now, download Windows 8.1 Enterprise ISO from the section above. (Before downloading, check your system’s version whether it’s 64-bit or 32-bit? Now, download the accurate version.
- Connect at least an 8GB USB flash drive to your PC.
- Open Rufus and click the option “Create a Bootable USB Drive.”
- Now, select “Browse” to locate Windows 8.1 Enterprise ISO and click “Next.”
- Select “Start” and “Windows 8.1 Enterprise ISO.”
- Now, Rufus will convert the ISO file into a bootable file.
- That’s it. Your Windows 8.1 Pro bootable USB flash drive is ready.
- Now, plug in USB flash drive with PC and reboot it to start the installation.
Method # 2: Use Command Prompt Administrator
If you are an expert in using Command Prompt, use this method. It doesn’t require downloading an app. Only download the ISO file and follow the steps below.
Follow the steps below to create a bootable USB flash drive.
Step 1: Download Windows 8.1 Pro ISO from the above section.
Step 2: Format the USB Flash drive by using the following instructions.
- Connect at least an 8GB USB flash drive with your PC.
- Click the “Start” button and search “Command Prompt.”
- Now, right-click to the Command Prompt and select “Run as Administrator.”
- In Command Prompt, type the following commands and press “Enter” every time.
- “list disk”
- “select disc #” (Here, replace “#” with the number where you want to install Windows.)
- “Create partition primary”
- “select partition 1” (You can write here the drive name like D: or E: )
- “format fs=NTFS”
- Type “assign letter=X” (Use any available letter.)
- Now, type the “exit” command to close the Disk partition.
Step 3: Make the USB flash drive bootable
- Now type the following command to convert the USB flash drive into a bootable one.
- Type “bootsect /nt60 X:” here. (Here, type a letter for a flash drive instead of X.
Step 4: Copy the Executable Files to USB Flash Drive
- Now give the last command to copy the executable file “xcopy G:\*.* X:\ /E /F /H.” The term “XCOPY” shows a copy of the ISO file.
- That’s all. Now, your Windows 10 bootable USB drive is ready to use.
- Close Command Prompt Admin.
- Reboot your system.
Now, start the installation process by using the following instructions.
- Attach the bootable USB flash drive to the PC and reboot it.
- When the Windows logo appears, press F2 + Esc keys to enter BIOS.
- Select the “Boot” option from here.
- Select “USB” because you will use a bootable USB flash drive to install Windows 8.1.
- A few options appear here. Select the accurate one and select “Exit Saving Changes” to exit BIOS.
- The system will restart to install Windows 8.1.
- Select your desired language from the window that appears now.
- From the same page, select the keyboard input method and Time & Currency format.
- Here, select the “Install Now” option to start the installation.
- Insert the product key.
- Now, click the box “I Accept the Terms” to proceed.
- Here, you will see two types of installation: Upgrade and Custom. Select Upgrade if you don’t want to delete current settings, apps, and data. Select “Custom” if you want to install a fresh copy of Windows.
- Now, create multiple partitions in your Hard disk drive.
- Here, select the drive where you want to install Windows 8.1 Enterprise.
- That’s it. The installation process appears in percentage. Wait for a while until it sets up the Windows.
Windows 8.1 Enterprise Features
The basic features in all editions of Windows 8/8.1 are the same. However, the Enterprise edition has some additional features. It’s for larger business firms. Let’s have a bird’s eye view to know this edition in-depth.
It’s for larger business firms. So, Microsoft has added all business apps in it for the convenience of entrepreneurs.
You can access the local office and branch office cache files remotely. Even you can access the subsequent files without any permission by using it. The upgraded BranchCache ensures accessing cache files without restriction.
DirectAccess brings the corporate network in your access even without using a third-party VPN. You can access a remote network by using an IPv4 infrastructure.
Windows-to-Go is a vital feature of Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise. It’s a great way to access a bootable and secure environment to install Windows via a bootable USB. You can customize hibernate, TPM, Windows Recovery Environment and other features.
Now secure your apps with AppLocker under a password. You can keep your desired business apps in AppLocker to make them safe. No unauthorized person can access them.
Extended Security Update is an amazing feature for the unparalleled security of your OS. It was also available in Windows 7. Later, it became a part of Windows 8. It’s not a free feature, but your system becomes an unconquerable fort by using it. No unauthorized person can access your system, files, documents, and drives.
You can access touch devices and USB flash drives remotely by using the RemoteFX feature in it. It also allows you to run your system in a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure environment.
Windows 8.1 Enterprise is the only OS that comes with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
It allows you to manage PC and mobile devices from the cloud by using Windows Intune.
Secure Boot instantly checks the OS while the start-up process is going on. It detects viruses, Trojans and other adware and prevents them from loading.
Semantic Zoom ensures a convenient reading of mails and news. Pinching can zoom-in instead of using the scroll down.
Microsoft Office’s complete suite brings great ease of creating and editing documents, sheets, notes, and presentations.
Upgraded Internet Explorer 10 brings a faster and secure browsing experience for users. No unauthorized person can access your personal information or data.
Live Tiles menu brings updates for you automatically. You don’t need to refresh it again and again to get the latest updates in news, emails, and calendar.
Lock Screen is a unique addition where you get the latest email alerts, weather, and news alerts even when your PC is locked. It brings meeting alerts, Camera and other features. The Lock Screen is fully customizable.
Powerful Windows Defender and Windows Firewall bring the utmost security for your system against viruses, malware, and Trojan.
Refresh and reset your PC is very easy now. You can refresh it with one click now. So, when your PC is running slower due to bugs, just tap the refresh button to get a refreshed and faster PC.