Windows 7 Home came to the spotlight in two editions: Home Basic and Premium. Windows 7 Home has the same features as the Starter. Even that it has the same geographical restrictions as the Starter. However, Home Premium has some innovative features. It has separate ISO files for 32-bit and 64-bit system.
Download Windows 7 Home Premium ISO
Here are the download requirements. Make sure to check them before starting the downloading.
- 1GHz or above processor
- 1GB RAM
- 15GB Hard disk
- DirectX 9 Graphics Processor
- A reliable internet connection
Methods to Create a Bootable USB Flash Drive [Installation Guide]
There are several methods you can use to create a bootable USB flash drive. I have listed all of them. You can select any of them to convert the ISO image into a bootable file.
Method #1: Use Microsoft’s Tool
You can create a Windows 7 bootable USB flash drive by using Microsoft’s genuine tool. It’s known as “Windows USB/DVD Download.”
- Click Here to download it.
- Connect an 8GB USB flash drive with PC.
- Now, download Windows 7 Home Premium ISO from the links in the above section. The ISO image supports 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
- Right-click the tool and select “Run” to proceed.
- When it opens, you see “Source File box.” Add the path of ISO file here. You can also use “Browse” to locate ISO automatically.
- Click “USB Device” from here to create the copy of ISO file on the USB drive.
- Now, click the option “Begin Copying” to copy the ISO image to the USB flash drive.
- Open the relevant folder to look for the “setup.exe” file. Double-click this file to start the installation process.
Method # 2: Use RUFUS
You can use Rufus. It’s a free tool you can use to create a bootable USB flash drive. It’s a straightforward tool. You don’t need to follow a lengthy process while using it. Download it and let it convert the ISO image into an executable file instantly.
- Download Rufus.
- Connect an 8GB USB flash drive with PC.
- Open Rufus Home Page
- Select “NTFS” from the drop-down menu to create a bootable disk for Windows 7 or XP.
- Here is a button like a DVD drive is located with the option “Create Bootable Disk Using.” Click this option.
- Select Windows 7 Home Premium ISO file.
- Click “Start” and the tool will start converting the ISO image into an executable file.
- Wait until the bootable USB drive is ready.
- Connect it with PC and reboot it to install Windows 7 Home Premium.
Method # 3: Use Command Prompt
Some users don’t want to download a tool. For them, here is another easy method. They can use Command Prompt to create a bootable USB flash drive. Here are steps to follow in this context.
- Open the “Start” menu and click Command Prompt.
- When it is open, type the following commands and press “Enter” key after every command.
- LIST DISK
- SEL DIS 1 (Instead of 1, type the drive number where you have saved Windows 7 Starter ISO file.)
- CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (You can select your desired drive size)
- FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL=”WINDOWS 7”
- Here, click “Install Now” option to start the installation.
- Follow the steps below to install Windows 7 Home Premium.
- Connect the bootable USB flash drive with PC.
- Reboot PC and select “Boot from CD/DVD.”
- First, it will load files.
- Now, settings appear. Select the language, time and currency format, Keyboard or input method from here.
- Click “Next” to move ahead.
- Select “Install Now” to start the installation process.
- Here, click the options “I accept the license terms” and “Next.”
- Two installation types appear: Custom and Upgrade. Select “Custom” if you want to install a clean copy of Windows. Select “Upgrade” if you don’t want to delete current files and apps.
- Now, select a drive where you want to install Windows 7 Home Premium.
- The system starts copying files.
- In the next section, the file expanding and then the installation process starts.
- Wait for a while until the installation reaches 100%. In the meantime, the system will restart for several times. Don’t interfere in the process.
- Finally, Windows 7 Home Premium is ready to use.
- Add the product key and enjoy using innovative features of Windows 7 Home Premium.
Windows 7 Home Premium Features
Windows 7 Home Premium has some innovative features besides all the features of Home Basic. Let’s see what it brings for us.
This edition supports almost all productivity programs of Windows XP.
You can create a home network instantly by using Home Network Wizard. So, it’s easy for you to share photos, audio and video files.
You can backup and can recover data by using Backup & Recovery tool. Hence, anything deleted accidentally can be recovered quickly by using it.
It’s compatible with TV apps. You can pause, rewind and record any program by using it.
Switching between different apps is speedier now. The desktop navigation is swifter in this version of Windows.
It brings a more precise and powerful search for users.
Faster startup, shutdown, hibernate, sleep and start saves lots of time.
Windows Firewall and Windows Defender are more powerful now. You can browse, download and upload without any security issues.
The Live photo gallery in this edition of Windows allows you to share your favourite images to your desired photo site with a click.
Windows Live Mail brings the latest emails preview even without refreshing your mailbox. It shows you the alerts of the latest emails on desktop. You don’t need to check mailbox again and again.
Windows Live Family Safety is handy for your children. You can lock the adult and social networking sites to prevent your children to access them. Even, it manages the emails and the communication ways.
Web surfing is easier and safer now. You can do surfing swifter than the predecessor OS.
You can customize themes, wallpapers, icons and taskbar setting. Give a new touch to your desktop.
Setting up the Printer and Scanner is very easy due to the wizard.