Microsoft released Windows 10 in 12 variants. These include Home, Pro, Enterprise, LTSC Enterprise, and Mobile Edition, etc. All of them are for PC users except for Mobile Edition that is for mobile users. It’s an upgraded version of Win 8.1 with innovative features.
Note: Microsoft has officially announced that it will no more support Mobile Edition after 10 December 2019. If you want to continue using it, use it at your own responsibility.
- Windows 10 Pro ISO
- Windows 10 Enterprise ISO
- Windows 10 ISO
- Windows 10 LTSC Enterprise ISO
- Windows 10 Education ISO
Download Windows 10 Mobile Edition
Windows 10 Mobile Edition Compatibility
This edition is not available for all handsets. Currently, it supports a few handsets (Lumia). They are the following.
- Lumia 550
- Lumia 950/XL
- Lumia 630
- Lumia 635
- Lumia 636
- Lumia 638
- Lumia 730
- Lumia 830
Check the system requirements before downloading the ISO file. The following are the download requirements.
- At least 8GB internal storage space
- Minimum 512 MB RAM
(If you have a higher than 960 x 540 resolution, you need 1GB RAM. For a screen resolution of 1440 x 900, you require 2GB RAM. In the same way, for a resolution 2048×1152, 3GB RAM and for resolution 2560×2048, a 4GB RAM is required)
- Minimum resolution 800 x 480.
- Backup data before installation of Windows 10 Mobile
- Charge your phone fully to avoid draining battery issues.
Note: If you are using Windows 8/8.1, you can upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile for free.
Use Windows DVD Ripper for Windows 10 Mobile Edition
The quickest method to install it to your phone is to use “DVD Ripper.”
- Download the DVD Ripper to a PC.
- Connect your phone via data cable with PC.
- Insert a DVD into the DVD ROM.
- Open DVD Ripper and select the “DVD Disc” option from here.
- Check your phone’s compatibility with Windows 10 Mobile by using the “Output Profile list.”
- In the list, click on your phone’s model and locate the folder where you want to save Windows 10 Mobile ISO file.
- Select “Run” to start transferring Windows 10 Mobile ISO to your Phone.
- Open Windows 10 ISO, tap the setup file and click “Run” to start the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. The process will follow some restarts. So, wait until the process is over.
How to Install Windows 10 Mobile (Via Windows Insider App)
If your phone has Windows 8.1 OS, “Windows Insider” installs Windows 10 Mobile with a few clicks. You can do so by following the steps below.
- Make sure; you have signed up for Windows Insider before starting the process. Use a PC to create a signup.
- After signup, download the “Windows Insider App” from Windows Store on your phone.
- Install the app and open it.
- Select “Get Preview Builds” and click the speed of Insider too. The “Fast” option installs the updates that are instantly available. The “Slow” option brings more stable updates.
- On the “Terms and Conditions” page, select “Accept” to proceed.
- Go to the “Settings” on your phone and open “Phone Update.”
- Here, select “Check for updates.”
- It will show you “Latest Windows 10 Builds.” Download it.
- Once, it is available, you need to install it by following on-screen instructions.
- During this process, your phone will restart several times. Don’t interrupt the setup and wait until it gets over.
- That’s it, guys. You have upgraded the phone from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Enjoy using its innovative features.
Windows 10 Mobile Edition Features
Windows 10 brings a smooth user interface and a variety of latest features for users. Here are some of its innovative features.
Updated Cortana is now more powerful and smarter. The search is categorized. You can search a document, image or sheet by using it quickly. It searches instantly and in a better way.
One Platform is a great feature to bring you and your friends on a single sharing platform. You can exchange images, documents and notes with friends quickly by using it. You don’t need to use a third-party tool for it now. It keeps you connected with friends.
This edition brings cross-platform connectivity. You can access your PC by using an Android phone or vice versa. The syncing of notification is easier for users now. They can sync notifications on PC from Mobile phone.
The photo app is a precious addition to Windows 10 Mobile. It fetches the content from your PC, mobile, and OneDrive and automatically syncs photos. You can label them, rearrange in different categories and retrieve them easily.
You enjoy upgraded Outlook, Facebook, Skype, Calendar and other apps. It keeps you connected with friends and family members.
You can customize the background, icons, desktop, and taskbar, etc. Everything is customizable in it. You can display wallpapers behind translucent tiles. Earlier, the users could display the wallpaper only within tiles.