Microsoft designed Windows 10 Education for students. With more interesting features than Home and Pro, it’s the most robust OS for students. You can download it without any cost. The improved Start menu, upgraded Edge and unparalleled security make it more worthy for students. Microsoft added two Education variants in Windows 10: Education and Education Pro. Win 10 Education is for students whereas; Education Pro is for teachers.
Download Windows 10 Education ISO
Check the following system requirements before you start downloading.
- 1GHz or above processor
- 1GB RAM for 32-bit and 2GB RAM for 64-bit
- Minimum 16GB hard disk space for 32-bit and 20GB for 64-bit version
- 800×600 or above display
- DirectX 9 or above with WDDM 1.0 driver
Methods to Create Windows 10 Education Bootable USB Flash Drive [Installation Guide]
First, create a bootable USB flash drive by using the ISO image of Windows 10 Education. Then, move to the installation process given below.
Method 1: Windows 10 Create Bootable USB
It’s the easiest method to create a bootable USB of Windows 10. Download “Windows 10 Installation Media” from the official site of Microsoft and follow the steps given below.
- Attach a USB flash drive (at least 8GB) with PC.
- Go to the above section and download Windows 10 Education.
- Now, download Microsoft’s “Windows 10 Installation Media” from Here.
- Once the downloading is over, double-click the downloaded tool to open it.
- Select “Accept” on Terms and Conditions’ page.
- Click “Create Installation Media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC” and select “Next.”
- Here, select your desired language, Windows 10 Education, Architecture and click “Next” to proceed.
- Now, select the USB flash drive/DVD option from here. (Refresh the page if you don’t see the USB/DVD option here.)
- Select the “Removable USB flash drive or DVD” and click “Next.”
- That’s all. Your bootable USB flash drive is ready to work.
- Now connect this bootable USB with PC.
- Restart PC to start the installation.
Method 2: Create Bootable Windows 10 Disk Via Third-Party Tool
You can also use Rufus, a third-party tool to create a bootable USB flash drive. It converts the ISO image into an executable file with a few clicks. This simple tool is free to use. It doesn’t involve any risk.
- Click Here to download Rufus.
- Now, double-click the downloaded file and select “Install” to start the installation process.
- The installation takes a few minutes. Double-click the tool icon to launch it.
- Go to the above section and download the Windows 10 Education ISO image.
- Connect a 4GB USB flash drive to your PC.
- Open Rufus and click the option “Create a Bootable USB Drive.”
- Now, click “Browse” to find a Windows 10 Education ISO file.
- Select “Next” once you have selected ISO.
- Click “Start” and “Windows 10 Education ISO” to start the process.
- Rufus will convert the ISO image into an executable file within a couple of minutes.
- That’s it. Your bootable USB flash drive is ready.
- Now, plug in USB with PC where you want to install Windows 10 Education.
- Restart the PC to start the installation.
Method 3: Create USB via Command Prompt (Detailed Method)
Some users avoid downloading tools for this purpose. If you are one of them, use Command Prompt Admin to create a USB flash drive. It involves no downloading of tools. However, the process is a bit longer. If you know Command Prompt in-depth, use this method.
Follow the steps below to create a bootable USB via Command Prompt Administrator.
- Download Windows 10 Education ISO from the above section.
- Connect an 8GB USB flash drive with a PC.
- Open the Start menu, right-click on Command Prompt and select “Run as Administrator.”
- Now, type “diskpart” to launch the Disk Management Utility tool and press “Enter.”
- Here, type another command “list disk” to view the list of available disks.
- Type the command “select disc #” to select one disk for installation. Here, replace “#” with the disc name where you want to install Windows.
- Now, clean the USB flash drive by typing “clean” to clean your USB drive and press “Enter.”
- Create a bootable partition by typing the command “Create partition primary.”
- Now, type another command “select partition 1” to select a partition.
- Type “Active” to active this partition. (Keep pressing “Enter” key after every command.)
- Here, type “format fs=NTFS quick” to convert your USB drive into a bootable drive.
- Type the command “assign” to assign a letter like X, Y or Z to the USB drive.
- Now exit the tool by typing “exit.”
- Give the next command “PowerShell Mount-DiskImage –ImagePath “C:\path\to\Windows10.iso” here. Add here the right path to Windows 10 Education ISO.
- Type “diskpart” and press Enter to launch diskpart utility.
- Here, type “list volume” to know the drive name for Windows 10 Education ISO file.
- Now give another command “exit” to close the tool.
- Type the drive where you have stored ISO file like type “D:” here.
- Now, type another command “cd boot.”
- Type “bootsect /nt60 X:” here.
- Now give the final command to copy the ISO file “xcopy G:\*.* X:\ /E /F /H.” The term “XCOPY” shows a copy of the ISO file.
- That’s all. Now, your Windows 10 bootable USB drive is ready to use.
- Close CMD Administrator.
- Restart the system and select “Boot from USB” from the booting options.
- The system loads files.
- Within a few seconds, a window appears with some options. Select language, time zone, and some other settings.
- On the Terms and Conditions page, select “I Agree to the License Terms.”
- Now, you will see two options: Custom and Upgrade. Select “Custom” if you don’t need current apps, documents, and programs. It will install a fresh copy of Windows. If you want to keep your files as they are, select “Upgrade” from here.
- Now choose a drive to install Windows. It should have at least 20GB storage space.
- The system starts loading essential files. Wait for a few minutes until it is over.
- Now choose your computer’s name. Add a network if you prefer. Otherwise, click “Later.”
- That’s all. Enjoy using Windows 10 Education on your PC.
Note: While installing Windows, your PC restarts several times. Don’t interrupt the process in-between. Wait until it is completed.
Windows 10 Education Features
The basic features of Windows 10 Education and other variants of Windows 10 are the same. However, it has some important features to enhance the productivity of students. Everything they need to prepare notes and presentations is present in it.
BitLocker allows you to lock the entire drive or folder. You can secure notes and presentations from unauthorized access by using it.
App Locker brings complete security of your data from unauthorized access. You can keep your desired apps and notes in Apps Locker away from your rival class-fellows.
Students mostly study at night. Windows 10 Education comes with “Color Temperature.” You can adjust it to use the PC at night. So, the colours don’t affect your vision at night.
Dynamic Lock in Windows 10 Education allows you to lock your device remotely. You don’t need to return home to lock it.
Remote Desktop ensures using desktop remotely. You can access notes from home PC even while attending class. Exchange notes and documents with class fellows by using it.
Convert your PC in Game mode to enjoy a lag-free and fast gaming experience.
Mobile Device Management brings more ease and comfort for you. Now, manage texts, gallery and other features by using PC. You don’t need to grab phone time and again to send and receive texts or to explore the gallery.
Convert PC into classroom PC by using Windows 10 Education. With a few clicks, you can convert it to give a fabulous presentation in the class.
Multiple Virtual Desktops ensures working in a more organized way on various apps and programs.
It’s easy to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education. Users of Pro and Enterprise can’t upgrade to Education.
Search is categorized for more instant and accurate results. Students can search for their desired material quickly by typing a few letters. No hackers can access your personal information.
Cloud storage is particularly useful for students. They can store data online to access it from anywhere.
Microsoft brings additional security to make the students’ downloading securer.
Office Student edition, the built-in feature of Win 10 Education covers all your needs from preparing a presentation to edit the documents.